The Saints and Buccaneers first met in 1977. New Orleans has posted a 25-17 record vs. Tampa Bay, the club's third-best winning percentage (.595) vs. an opponent. The series is defined by tight, hard-fought games. Tampa Bay has never won more than two straight games.
In the 42 games of the series there has been:
• 891 points scored by New Orleans, 759 allowed.
• A six-game New Orleans winning streak from 1983-88.
• A 14-9 record for the Saints at game played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
• 18 games decided by double-digits.
• Seven games decided by 21 or more points.
• 24 games decided by seven points or less.
• A 41-point win by New Orleans on December 16, 2012, the club's first shutout against the Buccaneers.
• A 27-point loss by New Orleans.
• One Sunday night game.