The New Orleans Saints and Buccaneers first met in 1977. New Orleans has posted a 29-17 record vs. Tampa Bay, the club's best winning percentage (.630) vs. an opponent they've faced at least four times. Tampa Bay has never won more than two straight games with the Saints riding a seven-game winning streak in the series.
In the 46 games of the series there have been:
•1,009 points scored by New Orleans, 841 allowed.
• A seven-game winning streak by the Saints, the longest by New Orleans against an opponent.
• A 16-9 record for the Saints at games played in New Orleans.
• 19 games decided by double digits.
• Seven games decided by 21 or more points.
• 27 games decided by seven points or less.
• A 41-point win by New Orleans on Dec. 16, 2012, the club's first shutout against the Buccaneers.