New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers Series History
The Panthers initially entered the NFL as an expansion franchise in 1995 and since then, they lead the series 24-21. The clubs were in the NFC West from 1995-2001 and the rivalry's continued in the NFC South since 2002. The Saints have a 10-10 record vs. Carolina in the MercedesBenz Superdome. Of the 45 games in the series, 22 have been decided by eight points or less, with New Orleans winning 10. The Saints' longest winning streak was a fivegame stretch from 2000-02.
In the 45 games of the series there has been:
- 982 points scored by New Orleans, 993 allowed.
- A five-game New Orleans winning streak from 2000-02.
- A four-game New Orleans winning streak in games played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome from 1998-2001.
- 22 games decided by double-digits.
- Six games decided by 21 or more points.
- 22 games decided by eight points or less.
- One 31-point win by New Orleans.
- A 32-point loss by New Orleans.