The Panthers initially entered the NFL as an expansion franchise in 1995 and since then, they lead the series 2420. The clubs were in the NFC West from 1995-2001 and the rivalry has continued in the NFC South since 2002. The Saints have a 10-12 road record against Carolina. Of the 43 games in the series, 22 have been decided by eight points or less, with New Orleans winning 10. The last four meetings between the clubs have been decided by five points or less, the last three each by three points. The Saints' longest winning streak was a five-game stretch from 2000-02. In the 44 games of the series there has been:
• 948 points scored by New Orleans, 980 allowed.
• A five-game New Orleans winning streak from 2000-02.
• A four-game New Orleans winning streak in games played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome from 1998-2001.
• 21 games decided by double-digits.
• Six games decided by 21 or more points.
• 22 games decided by eight points or less.
• One 33-point win by New Orleans.
• A 32-point loss by New Orleans.