The Panthers initially entered the NFL as an expansion franchise in 1995 and since then, they lead the series 2219. The clubs were in the NFC West from 1995-2001 and the rivalry's continued in the NFC South since 2002. The Saints have a 9-10 record in games played in New Orleans. Of the 41 games, 19 have been decided by eight points or less, with New Orleans winning nine. Of the last 10 meetings, five have been settled by eight points or less. The Saints' longest winning streak was a five-game stretch from 2000-02. The first meeting in the 2015 series took place on Sept. 27 when Carolina had a 27-22 win over the Saints in a contest played at Bank of America Stadium.
In the 41 games of the series there has been:
• 849 points scored by New Orleans, 878 allowed.
• A five-game New Orleans winning streak from 2000-02.
• A four-game New Orleans winning streak in games played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome from 1998-2001.
• 21 games decided by double-digits.
• Six games decided by 21 or more points.
• 20 games decided by eight points or less.
• One 33-point win by New Orleans.
• A 32-point loss by New Orleans.
Photos from the New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers game at Bank of America Stadium. Photos by Michael C. Hebert (New Orleans Saints photos)