The Saints and Buccaneers first met in 1977. New Orleans has posted a 29-18 record vs. Tampa Bay, the club's best winning percentage (.617) vs. an opponent. The series is defined by tight, hard-fought games. Tampa Bay has never won more than two straight games.
In the 47 games of the series there has been:
•1,028 points scored by New Orleans, 867 allowed.
• Six-game New Orleans winning streaks from 1983-88 and from 2011-2014.
• A 13-7 record for the Saints at games played in Tampa.
• 19 games decided by double-digits.
• Seven games decided by 21 or more points.
• 28 games decided by seven points or less.
• A 41-point win by New Orleans on December 16, 2012, the club's first shutout against the Buccaneers
Photos from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Photos by Michael C. Hebert. (New Orleans Saints photos)