The New Orleans Saints traded up in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft to select center Erik McCoy from Texas A&M. The three-year starter anchored the middle of the Aggies' offensive line as a team captain and paved the way for the SEC's leading rusher. In 2019 with the Saints, McCoy was the first rookie in franchise history to start at center in Week 1. Replacing the retired Max Unger, McCoy opened all 16 regular season contests and was named a PFWA All-Rookie.
The Saints' next selection in the 2019 NFL draft came during Round 4. With the 105th overall selection, the Saints took Florida standout, C.J. Gardner-Johnson. Gardner-Johnson has appeared in all 16 contests with seven starts, recording 46 tackles (35 solo), one interception, eight passes defensed, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and three special teams stops. He was also named a PFWA All-Rookie.
Selected in the sixth round of the 2019 NFL Draft out of Rutgers, Saquan Hampton contributed on defensive and special teams in five contests, posting one stop for loss and is expected to compete for additional playing time at safety in 2020.
The Saints selected tight end Alize Mack (231) and linebacker Kaden Elliss (244) with their remaining selections.
Draft held April 25 - April 27, 2019
- (#30) Traded to Green Bay along with No. 27 and No. 147 in 2018 for the right to select DE Marcus Davenport 14th overall in 2018.
- Erik McCoy, C (48), Texas A&M (Choice acquired from Miami along with No.116 in exchange for No. 62, No. 202, and a 2020 second-round pick).
- (#93) Traded to the Jets in exchange for Teddy Bridgewater and the right to select Saquan Hampton.
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson, S (105), Florida (choice acquired from the Jets in exchange for No. 116 and No. 168 overall.
- Saquan Hampton, S (177), Rutgers
7a. Alize Mack, TE (231), Notre Dame (choice acquired from Cleveland in exchange for DT Devaroe Lawrence).
7b. Kaden Elliss, LB (244), Idaho