New Orleans is 4-13 all-time against the Browns. The two clubs were both members of the NFL's Century Division in 1968, New Orleans' second season.
Since Sean Payton became head coach in 2006, the Saints have posted a 1-2 record against the Browns. New Orleans opened up the Payton/Brees era by defeating the Browns in the 2006 opener, 19-14. On Oct. 24, 2010, the Saints dropped a 30-17 contest to the Browns at the Superdome. New Orleans fell to the Browns 26-24 at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sept. 14, 2014 in the most recent meeting.
In the 17 games of the series there have been:
• 290 points scored by New Orleans, 397 allowed.
• An eight-game Browns winning streak from 1967-81.
• A three-game win streak for New Orleans from 1984-90
• Five games decided by double-digits.
• One game decided by 21 or more points.
• Ten games decided by seven points or less.
• One game decided by one point.
• A 7-point win by Saints (9/13/87) - Biggest Saints win.
• A 35-point loss by Saints (10/1/67) - Biggest Saints loss.
• Three season openers.
• A 2-8 home record for New Orleans and a 2-5 road mark