NEW ORLEANS SAINTS AT DENVER BRONCOS
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012 ● SPORTS AUTHORITY FIELD AT MILE HIGH
SAINTS POSTGAME NOTES
* New Orleans falls to 2-5 heading into their week nine contest versus the Philadelphia Eagles at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, which will be nationally televised on ESPN at 7:30 P.M. CST on Monday, November 5.
* The loss broke a six-game winning streak for the Saints on Sunday night contests dating back to a 21-19 win at the New York Jets on November 27, 2005.
* QB Drew Breescompleted 22 of 42 passes for 213 yards with two touchdowns. Brees extended his NFL-record streak of games with 20 or more completions to 43.
* Brees' 29-yard touchdown pass to RB Darren Sproles in the second quarter extended his NFL-record streak of consecutive games with a touchdown pass to 50. The touchdown pass was also the 300th of Brees' career, tying him with John Elwayfor sixth place all-time in NFL record books. Brees later took sole possession of sixth place with a fourth quarter scoring throw. It also made the matchup between Brees and Peyton Manning only the second game this year to feature two quarterbacks with 300 or more career touchdown passes, the other occurring on October 7, when Denver (Manning) played at New England (Tom Brady).
* Brees has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 92 of his 102 starts as a Saint.
* WR Marques Colston had five receptions for 63 yards.
* TE Jimmy Grahamreturned to action after missing the last game with an ankle injury and posted five receptions for 63 yards and a fourth-quarter touchdown grab.
* Sproles, who got the start at running back, was a threat in the passing game. He posted seven receptions for 56 yards including a second quarter, 29-yard, touchdown reception that tied the score 7-7.
* In his most extensive action in the interior to date, rookie DT Akiem Hicks forced Denver RB Willis McGaheeto fumble in the first quarter and it was picked up by LB Curtis Lofton at the New Orleans 45-yard line. It was the first forced fumble of Hicks' career. It was the second fumble recovery of Lofton's five-year NFL career. Lofton also added nine stops (seven solo).
* S Roman Harperand S Malcolm Jenkinstied for the team lead in tackles with nine (eight solo).
* P Thomas Morsteadpunted 8 times for 413 yards and a 51.6 gross average, including a long of 63. Morstead pinned four punts inside the 20-yard line.