New Orleans Saints at Baltimore Ravens ● Sunday, December 19, 2010
What to look for
- If the Saints win today, they would improve to 11-3, giving them back to back 11 win seasons for only the second time in club history, the other time being between the 1991 and 1992 seasons.
- A Saints win combined with a loss by Tampa Bay and a loss by either a loss or tie by Chicago, Green Bay or the New York Giants. If New Orleans tied, combined with a loss by the Bucs and Green Bay or by Tampa Bay, the Giants and Chicago.
- The 14 points scored are the fewest by the Saints in a winning effort since Payton became head coach in 2006, and the fewest in a win since defeating Dallas 13-7 on Dec. 28, 2003 in the Superdome.
- QB Drew Brees has 3,855 passing yards. With 145 yards he will reach 4,000 and join Peyton Manningas only the second NFL quarterback to have 4,000 in five straight seasons.
- RB Reggie Bush has 2,024 rushing yards to rank 11th in club record books. With 55 rushing yards he would surpass Archie Manningand move into the top 10. Bush has 278 career receptions to rank sixth in club record books. With six catches, he would move into a tie for fifth with Tony Galbreath
- WR Marques Colstonhas 4,995 career receiving yards. With five receiving yards, he will join Eric Martinand Joe Hornas only the third Saint with 5,000 yards with the club. Colston has 921 yards on the season. With 79 yards, it will mark his fourth 1,000 yard season in five campaigns since being drafted by the Saints
- G Jahri Evanswill start the 78th game of his career today, tying him with DT Bob Pollardfor the second most consecutive games by a Saint to start a career.
- CB Jabari Greerhas two interceptions. With one pick, he will set a new season-career-high
- S Darren Sharperhas 63 career interceptions, tied for sixth in NFL record books with Ronnie Lott. With one more pick, he would move into sole possession of sixth. Sharper has 1,412 interception return yards, ranked second all-time. With 72 return yards, he would surpass Rod Woodsonand move into first. Sharper has 11 career interception returns for touchdowns to rank second. With one for a touchdown, he would move into a tie for first with Woodson in that category. Sharper has 13 combined interception/fumble returns for scores to tie for first with Woodson. With one more, he would be the NFL record holder.
- LB Jonathan Vilmawill appear in the 100th game of his career today.