The New Orleans Saints announced Tuesday that they have signed guard Tommy Kraemer. Here are five things to know about the Saints roster addition:
- Kraemer was one of the top players from the state of Ohio in high school, winning 2015 Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year, marking the first offensive lineman to win the award since 2006.
- After not seeing the field during his freshman season at Notre Dame, he was part of the offensive line that paved the way for the seventh-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (269.3 rush yards/game) in year two with the Fighting Irish. Notre Dame had not been ranked higher in the FBS since 1995.
- Prior to sustaining an injury that cut his senior season short, Kraemer did not allow a sack, while conceding just one QB hit and three hurries, on 2,020 pass-block snaps on the year.
- The 2020 season was Kraemer's most decorated, winning awards such as Associated Press All-America Third Team, All-ACC First Team, and Reese's Senior Bowl Top 250.
- Kraemer was a member of the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2021 where he played in 13 games over the course of two seasons.
Full coverage of the New Orleans Saints workouts during 2023 Training Camp presented by Rouses Markets on Wednesday, August 2.