- With the win, New Orleans moves to 2-1 on the preseason. The Saints return to action on Thursday, Aug. 31 when they play the Baltimore Ravens at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.
- This is the first preseason shutout for the Saints since Aug. 23, 2008, when they played at Cincinnati against the Bengals winning 13-0.
- This win marks the first preseason winning streak for the Saints since 2014 when they started 3-0.
- With the win, the Saints become 5-5 against the Texans in the preseason.
- New Orleans' defense held the Texans to only 246 total net yards with an average gain of only 3.7, while recording four sacks for a total loss of 22 yards.
- New Orleans out rushed the Texans 111-57.
- New Orleans out gained the Texans 315-246.
- At the end of the first quarter, the Saints led the Texans 3-0. The Saints also led in first downs (five), total net yards (96), average gain (5.1), rushing yards (41), passing yards (51) and time of possession (10:25).
- New Orleans successfully held the Texans to only 5-of-17 (29 percent) on third-down conversions.
- QB Drew Brees started and completed 11-of-15 passes for 76 yards.
- QB Chase Daniel entered with 1:54 left in the second quarter. Daniel completed 9- for-12 passes for 108 yards with a 102.1 passer rating.
- RB Mark Ingram got the start and carried four times for nine yards and had two receptions for 11 yards.
- RB Adrian Peterson ran the ball six times for 15 yards.
- RB Darius Victor had 30 rushing yards on eight attempts scoring the game's first touchdown on a three-yard run.
- RB Trey Edmunds caught his first pass for a 26-yard gain. Edmunds also ran for 12 yards on five attempts.
- TE Josh Hill recorded his first and only catch of the game with 5:33 left in the third quarter for 14 yards.
- WR Michael Thomas had all of his four catches for 27 yards in the first quarter.
- With the first offensive play, WR Ted Ginn Jr. recorded the longest rush of the game of 24 yards. Ginn also finished with three catches for 26 yards
- WR Brandon Coleman reeled in two catches for 44 yards. His second catch of 31 yards was the longest reception of the game.
- WR Tommylee Lewis finished with three catches for 34 yards and one rushing attempt for nine yards.
- OLB Bryan Braman led the special teams with two solo tackles.
- LB Adam Bighill recorded the fourth sack of the game, creating a four-yard loss. Bighill also led the team with a total of five solo tackles.
- S Rafael Bush posted the second sack, an eight-yard loss.
- DB Damian Swann recorded the first turnover, picking off Texans rookie QB DeShaun Watson.
- DE Darryl Tapp recorded the first sack, creating a loss of four yards.
- DE Al-Quadin Muhammad recorded the third sack, tackling quarterback Brandon Weeden for a six-yard loss.
- K Wil Lutz nailed a 26-yard field goal, bringing the Saints lead to 3-0 with 4:20 remaining in the first Quarter. Lutz also completed a 48-yard field goal to bring the Saints lead to 13-0 with 3:52 left in the fourth quarter.
- P Thomas Morstead punted eight times for 363 total yards (45.4 avg.) with a long of 60 yards.
Saints News | New Orleans Saints | NewOrleansSaints.com
Live Updates from Saints vs. Cowboys Week 13 | 2021 NFL
Dallas Cowboys at New Orleans Saints live game updates from social media for their week 13 matchup during the 2021 NFL season.
New Orleans Saints inactives vs. the Dallas Cowboys | NFL Week 13
Star running back Alvin Kamara will not play Thursday night
New Orleans Saints announce roster moves ahead of Dallas Cowboys game | NFL Week 13
Saints place defensive end Tanoh Kpassagnon on Injured Reserve
Saints vs Cowboys Game Preview | 2021 NFL Week 13
Dallas leads the all-time series 17-13, but New Orleans has won nine of the last 13 meetings dating back to the 1998 season
Saints Gameday Guide 2021: Week 13 vs. Cowboys
Helpful tips and information for New Orleans Week 13 game against Cowboys
Ways to Watch: Saints vs Cowboys 2021 NFL Week 13
How to watch, listen and live stream New Orleans Saints vs Dallas Cowboys on Dec. 2, 2021
Kwon Alexander interception provides one of New Orleans Saints' few highlights against Buffalo | Helmet Stickers
Second-quarter interception stopped Bills in red zone
Game notes, New Orleans Saints vs. Buffalo Bills | NFL Week 12
New Orleans' 2021 home record is 2-3
New Orleans Saints searching for answers following loss to Buffalo | NFL Week 12
Offense totaled 190 yards in 31-6 loss
Replay of Live Updates from Saints vs. Bills Week 12 | 2021 NFL
Buffalo Bills at New Orleans Saints live game updates from social media for their week 12 matchup during the 2021 NFL season.