The New Orleans Saints are proud to invite all Saints fans to the Black and Gold Fan Fest presented by Hancock Whitney prior to the Saints Training Camp practice presented by Verizon at Tulane University's Yulman Stadium on Sunday, Aug. 4. The Black and Gold Fan Fest will take place on Brown Field, located just outside of the Reily Center from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. A live performance will be provided by the Bucktown All-Stars. Appearances from the team mascots Gumbo and Sir Saint and the Saintsations will also take place. During the event, there will be fan activities, including a raffle for items including free Saints game tickets, autographed items and other prizes. Food and drink will be available for purchase. The Black and Gold Fan Fest is open to the public and is a free event.
Following the Black and Gold Fan Fest, the Saints will practice at Yulman Stadium, starting at 7 p.m. The stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. The practice is scheduled to run from approximately 7-9 p.m. followed by a brief player autograph session.
The New Orleans Saints and Tulane University share a rich history together. The Saints played at the former Tulane Stadium on the schools' Uptown campus for their first eight years of their existence from 1967-74. When the Mercedes-Benz Superdome was constructed, Tulane played at the same facility until Yulman Stadium's 2014 debut. Most recently, late Saints Owner Tom Benson and current Owner Gayle Benson supported Tulane's construction of on-campus Yulman Stadium, with the Green Wave making their debut on "Benson Field" in 2014. The club first held a practice at Yulman Stadium in 2015 and have worked out on campus for the fans once each preseason during the last two training camps.
Saints Yulman Stadium Practice Fan Information
Parking, Admission Information and Regulations: All gates at Yulman Stadium open at 6:00 p.m. Parking for the event will be available in the Diboll garage (located on Ben Weiner Drive) for $5 dollars as well as around Tulane's campus in non-reserved spots. Parking is limited on a first-come, first-served basis. No tailgating will be allowed on campus and the Claiborne Avenue neutral ground will be closed and city ordinances will be in effect for that area.
Player Autographs: Following the practice, Saints players will sign autographs for fans. Available players will sign autographs if weather, time and other circumstances permit. Please note, however that autographs are not guaranteed.
Still Photos, Video and cameras/binoculars: Fans are welcome to take photos of players during training camp. However, video is prohibited. Saints staff may request at any time that you cease using those devices. Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed into Yulman Stadium. No spectator cameras with lenses more than six inches long will be permitted. Binocular cases and camera bags are subject to screening.
Hand-Wanding/Prohibited Items: Fans are advised to arrive early as they will be checked via hand-wanding and all bags will be checked by security. To ensure that fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to the practice, the following items are prohibited:
· Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities.
· Backpacks, duffel bags, large bags and hard containers.
· Coolers and outside food and beverage, except for fans with medical/dietary needs.
· Hoverboards or other self-propelled devices.
· Laser pens.
· Artificial noisemakers (air horns, bullhorns, whistles etc.).
· Objects that may obstruct another fan's view, including umbrellas of over 4' in diameter.
· Oversized purses or handbags (none larger than 16"x14"x13" are allowed).
· Remotely controlled model aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles and drones.
· Selfie sticks and video cameras.
· Weapons and firearms (including fireworks, knives, pepper spray and electronic stunning devices).
· Any other item deemed unacceptable by the New Orleans Saints and Tulane.
Fans are reminded to leave such items appropriately secured in their vehicles. Prohibited items that are discovered will be confiscated, disposed of and will not be returned.
Concessions: Food, beverages and New Orleans Saints and Tulane merchandise will be available for purchase. Outside food and drink are not allowed on the premises.
Restrooms: Restrooms are available at Yulman Stadium.
Special Needs: The ADA drop-off for practice is located in front of the James W. Wilson Jr. Center on Ben Weiner Drive and parking is available at the Diboll garage. ADA seating is available in Yulman Stadium upon request.
Credentials: The practice will be open to pre-approved media. Please email your credential request to Justin Macione (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Evan Meyers (email@example.com). Media who have covered Saints training camp should bring their existing training camp credential.
Media Parking and Entrance: Media can park in the Diboll garage (located on Ben Weiner Drive). Please show your training camp media credential to be able to park. Media can then enter the practice at the media check-in at Gate A of Yulman Stadium.
Media Policies and Reporting/Viewing: Media covering the Saints aren't allowed to report on player injuries that occur during practice until Head Coach Sean Payton addresses the situation. This includes speculation on a player's status during drills or while with trainers at practice.
- Speculation of the severity of a perceived injury
- Speculation of what an athletic trainer may or may not be treating
- Taking any type of photos of players or reporting on what players are working with trainers - this includes speculation on a player's status during drills with trainers at practice, no matter how innocuous the situation.
· Media are not permitted to film, photograph, print and/or air any shots of any injury situations, including, but not limited to, while the injury occurs, while trainers attend to/treat the injured player, and while the player is leaving the field, either on his own or with assistance. This includes minor injuries.
· Cameras will be allowed to shoot only during designated times.
· All members of the media must remain in the designated areas for the practice. Tripods are not allowed during the practice.
· Nothing can be reported that is of a tactical nature. Formations, who is lining up where, who is rushing the quarterback (and from where), gimmick plays, etc. are included in tactical information.
· Media are allowed to tweet, blog and post on social media applications during the practice, as long as it is not done so broadcast live, with the exception of reporting injuries and tactical information.
· Interview availabilities, open practice sessions and other team activities on club premises may not be broadcast live by an individual or media outlet, even with social media applications, without prior written approval from the Saints communications staff.
· Those who violate these policies will be subject to the revocation of credentials.
Post-Practice Coach and Player Availability: Head Coach Sean Payton and select players will be available in a group setting following practice.
Live Shots: Live shots will be permitted in a designated area at Yulman Stadium from 5-7 p.m. and following the conclusion of practice. Please email Justin Macione (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements.
Tulane Tickets: Fans will have the ability to purchase tickets for upcoming Tulane Athletics events. The Tulane Athletics Ticket Office will have ticket information and sales at a table inside Gate B of Yulman Stadium.
Action photos from New Orleans Saints Training Camp Practice Presented by Verizon at Tulane University's Yulman Stadium on August 5, 2018.