<span>The New Orleans Saints lead the NFL in local television ratings and have posted the three highest game ratings in team history this season (vs. Pats on MNF, vs. Falcons on MNF and vs. Redskins this past Sunday).
The Saints are averaging a 49.4 rating/69 share – up 37% from last year at this time 36.1/53 (the PIttsburgh Steelers rank second this season with 46.0/71). (NOTE: the rating represents percent of TVs in New Orleans tuned to the game; the share represents the percent of TVs IN USE in New Orleans tuned to the game… As a testament to the drawing power, according to the National Football League, the 84 share below is an remarkably high number and is similar to what Super Bowl competing teams get in their home cities).
- Last year for the complete season, the Saints ranked fourth in NFL in local TV ratings (Pittsburgh led followed by Indianapolis and Green Bay).
- The Saints are on pace to shatter their previous season record (dating to 1997 when Nielsen Media Research began local measurement of New Orleans): 39.6/59
- The highest viewership came for the victory over New England when an astounding 84 percent of the televisions in use in New Orleans were tuned to the Saints game.
Week 1 39.3/57
Week 2 40.8/59
Week 3 41.7/59
Week 4 47.4/68
Week 5 BYE
Week 6 41.9/64
Week 7 49.3/70
Week 8 63.8/83 – MNF vs. Falcons
Week 9 51.5/71
Week 10 49.7/71
Week 11 47.1/72
Week 12 66.7/84 – MNF vs. Pats
Week 13 53.1/74 – OT win vs. Redskins
- Week 12 MNF game vs. Pats -- New Orleans averaged a 66.7 HH rating, 84 HH share, and 423,000 homes, setting a new record for the DMA surpassing week 8's ESPN MNF game versus the Falcons.
- The Saints drew a record audience in New Orleans, averaging a 63.8 HH rating, 83 HH share and 405,000 homes for the MNF game vs. Falcons (7:30p-11:15p CT) simulcast on ESPN and WDSU (NBC affiliate in New Orleans).
- The prior high was set by Super Bowl XXXVIII, New England vs. Carolina (Houston, TX in 2/1/04), with a 53.0 HH rating , 70.0 HH share, and 352,000 homes.
Note: New Orleans DMA ratings measurement began in 1997/1998.