The New Orleans Saints announced Wednesday that they have signed defensive tackle P.J. Mustipher to the active squad. Here are five things to know about the Saints roster addition:
- After going undrafted in the 2023 NFL draft out of Penn State, Mustipher was signed by the Denver Broncos.
- In high school, he was a four-time letterman at McDonogh School as well as a two-time team captain. He helped the Eagles to a 9-1 record and a Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) Championship as a freshman
- Mustipher was selected to the Under Armour All-America Game in high school, and he claimed a first-team spot on USA Today's All-USA Maryland Football Team as a senior. Following his senior year, he was named consensus all-state by the Maryland High School Football Foundation in 2016.
- At Penn State, he started 13 games at defensive tackle where he tallied 38 tackles (19 solo) with a tackle for loss and quarterback hurry. He was also named the coaching staff's Defensive Player of the Game (Northwestern, 10/1), and he was voted a team captain second-straight season in his senior year.
- He was selected All-Big Ten second team by the coaches and third team by the media following his college career, and he was awarded AP All-Big Ten second team honors as well. Additionally, he earned Penn State's Tim Shaw Thrive Award and the Lions Pride Outstanding Senior Player Award.