Atlanta leads the series, 48-44, with New Orleans holding a 14-5 advantage over the Falcons since 2006.
The series has been defined by hard-fought contests and lengthy periods of dominance for both clubs. Since 1991, 27 games have been decided by a touchdown or less. The Falcons had a 10-game winning streak from 1995-99, which remains the Saints' longest winless streak against an opponent. New Orleans took 13 of 16 in the rivalry from 1986-94 and Atlanta won nine-straight over the fledgling Saints from 1969-73.
Atlanta's most recent mastery over a five-year period ended with a 21-19 win for New Orleans at the Georgia Dome on Nov. 22, 2000. Seven games in the series have gone into overtime. *
*In the 92 regular season games of the series there has been:
•1,929 points scored by New Orleans, 2,042 allowed.
• A ten-game Atlanta winning streak from 1995-99.
• A six-game win streak for New Orleans from 1986-89.
• A 12-11 record for the Saints in games played at the Georgia Dome.
• 39 games decided by double-digits.
• 17 games decided by 21 or more points.
• 46 games decided by seven points or less.
• 3 games decided by one point.
• A 38-point win by Saints (11/1/87) - Biggest Saints win.
• A 55-point loss by Saints (9/16/73) - Biggest Saints loss.
• Four shutouts - Two by each club, the most recent a 38-0 win in Atlanta on 11/1/87.
• Seven overtime games— three wins by New Orleans.
• Six Monday night games, two Sunday night games and five Thursday night games.