New Orleans Saints vs. Los Angeles Rams series history
The Saints and Rams have played 73 times in the regular season with Los Angeles holding a 41-32 edge, while New Orleans has captured the lone playoff contest. Former longtime foes in the NFC West, the Saints have played only the Atlanta Falcons (98) and the San Francisco 49ers (75) more often than the Rams.
Since Sean Payton became head coach of the Saints in 2006, the Rams have won five of the seven meetings, a trend which New Orleans will be looking to reverse on Sunday afternoon. From 1985- 95, New Orleans won 15-of-20 meetings with the Rams.
In the 73 regular meetings of the series between the Saints and Rams there has been:
• 1,507 points scored by New Orleans, 1,650 allowed.
• A seven-game New Orleans winning streak from 1990-93.
• Two three-game New Orleans winning streaks in contests
played at the Superdome from 1985-87 and 1990-92.
• 39 games decided by double-digits.
• Ten games decided by 21 or more points.
• 33 games decided by eight points or less.
• One 31-point win by New Orleans.
• A 31-point loss by New Orleans.