New Orleans Saints vs. Carolina Panthers series history
The Panthers initially entered the NFL as an expansion franchise in 1995 and since then, they lead the regular season series 24-22 with the Saints picking up the NFC Wild Card playoff win in 2017 in addition to sweeping the regular season series.
The clubs were in the NFC West from 1995-2001 and the rivalry’s continued in the NFC South since 2002. The Saints have an 11-11 record vs. Carolina at Bank of America Stadium. Of the 46 regular season games in the series, 22 have been decided by eight points or less, with New Orleans winning 10. The Saints’ longest winning streak was a five-game stretch from 2000-02.
In the 46 regular season games of the series there’s been:
• 1,013 points scored by New Orleans, 1,014 allowed.
• A five-game New Orleans winning streak from 2000-02.
• A four-game New Orleans winning streak in games played at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome from 1998-2001.
• 23 games decided by double-digits.
• Six games decided by 21 or more points.
• 22 games decided by eight points or less.
• One 31-point win by New Orleans.
• A 32-point loss by New Orleans.