Photos of new Saints quarterback Chase Daniel.
- Daniel attended Carroll High School in Texas where he was a two-year starter at quarterback, leading his team to a 31-1 record in those years. Daniel completed 65.2% of his passes for 8,298 yards and 91 touchdowns and added 2,954 rushing yards and 39 scores. Daniel was named 5A state Player of the Year and EA Sports National Player of the Year.
- Daniel spent four seasons with the New Orleans Saints from 2009-2012. In 2012, Daniel won the battle for backup quarterback position behind Drew Brees and completed four passes for 29 yards that season.
- Daniel came into the NFL in 2009 as undrafted rookie free agent out of Missouri, signing with the Washington Redskins in April.
- As a junior at Missouri, Daniel was named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Year and was the first Missouri player to receive that honor. He was also a finalist for the Heisman Trophy that year. His senior year, Daniel became the Missouri career total offensive yardage leader with 13,256 yards on December 6, 2008.
- In 2011, Daniel established an athletic scholarship for a Missouri football recruit from Texas, like he was.