- Tampa Bay wide receiver Mike Evans caught six passes for 107 yards last Sunday against the Carolina Panthers. Evans is now 54 yards shy of having a 1,000-yard season for the fourth consecutive year. If Evans reaches the milestone, he will become the third player in NFL history to open their career with four straight 1,000-yard campaigns, joining Randy Moss and A.J. Green.
- The Buccaneers have three wide receivers who rank in the top 50 of NFL receivers in receptions.
No. 15 Evans - 66 receptions
No. 35 Adam Humphries - 54 receptions
No. 44 DeSean Jackson - 50 receptions
- Safety Chris Conte ranks No. 26 among cornerbacks in total tackles with 74. During Week 16 against the Panthers, Conte had eight solo tackles and one assisted.
- Quarterback Jameis Winston has been on a hot streak in completions over the past two weeks, despite losing in both games. During Week 15 against the Falcons, Winston was 27 of 35 on completions (77.1 percent) for 299 yards. In Week 16, Winston was 21 of 27 (77.8 percent) for 367 yards. However, Winston has had a fumble in every game he has played in this season, including three against the Panthers last Sunday.
- Bucs tight ends Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard have totaled 986 yards this season. Howard was a first-round draft pick from Alabama and has started every game this season. In yards per game among receivers, Brate ranks No. 12 with 36.9, and Howard ranks No. 18 with 30.9.
- Tampa Bay’s defense ranks No. 31 in the NFL. The defense has allowed 5,726 yards this season and ranks last (No. 32) in passing yards per game.
- Former LSU Tiger Kwon Alexander is tied at No. 1 for most interceptions among linebackers. Alexander has three interceptions, seven pass deflections, and 86 combined tackles.
- The Buccaneers have battled with injuries all season. None of the defensive starters have appeared in all 15 games this season due to injuries. In Week 16 starting defensive tackle Robert Ayers was ruled out with a shoulder injury, and receiver DeSean Jackson was out with an ankle injury, their status is unknown for Week 17.
- Winston was given an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during last Sunday’s game. After the penalty, Winston was seen charging at the referee and had to be held back. It is unknown if any more repercussions will come from the incident.
- Gerald McCoy, a five-time Pro Bowler and the Bucs top pass rusher, suffered a right bicep injury against the Lions in Week 14 resulting in a two-week absence. In McCoy’s return against the Panthers, he had one sack and four total tackles.