Photos from the New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccaneers game. Photos by Michael. C. Hebert. (New Orleans Saints photos)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston sprained the AC joint in his right throwing shoulder against the Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 15. He's played in Tampa Bay's two games since then but hasn't practiced on Wednesdays or Thursdays, when most of the game-planning is installed.
- If Winston is out against the Saints during Week 9, the Buccaneers will rely on Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick has been in the league since 2005 and signed with the Buccaneers this year on a one-year contract. Fitzpatrick was with the New York Jets for the past two years and averages 59.8% pass completion.
- The Buccaneers (2-5) are sitting in fourth place in the NFC South after losing last week to the Carolina Panthers.
- Despite the losing record, Tampa Bay ranks No. 2 in the league for passing yards per game. The Bucs rank in the top five in: first downs per game (No. 3), total yards per game (No. 4), and yards per play (No. 5).
- Tight end Cameron Brate is in his third year with Tampa Bay and currently ranks No. 8 at his position totaling 31 receptions for 405 yards. Through Week 8, Brate has tallied up more than 60 receiving yards for five consecutive games.
- Through seven games, the defense has had seven sacks, the lowest in the league (average is 13).
- Mike Evans is the go-to receiver for the Bucs. Evans ranks 11th in the league at his position, totaling 519 yards and averaging 74.1 yards-per-game.
- Tampa Bay ranks in the bottom five in seven defensive categories: Total Yards Per Game 29 Yards Per Play 29 Passing Net Yards Per Game 30 Passing Net Yards Per Play 30 Sacks Per Pass Play 32 First Downs Per Game 29 Thirs Down Efficiency 32 But Tampa Bay's defense ranks No. 1 in fourth down efficiency.
- In the last two games linebacker Lavonte David has recorded 17 tackles, a tackle for a loss, three forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries. David reached 500 total career tackles on Oct. 29, 2017 against the Carolina Panthers.
- Former Saints defensive end Darryl Tapp signed with the Bucs after being released by New Orleans but the veteran has played in just one game.