The New Orleans Saints have agreed to terms on practice squad contracts with tight end Dan Arnold, receiver Emmanuel Butler, cornerback T.J. Green, receiver Lil'Jordan Humphrey, offensive lineman Derrick Kelly II II, offensive lineman John Leglue, defensive lineman Mitchell Loewen, tight end Alizé Mack, receiver Taquan Mizzell and defensive back Terrell Williams Jr. and have reached injury settlements with guard/tackle Marshall Newhouse and cornerback/returner Marcus Sherels, it was announced by Executive Vice President/General Mickey Loomis on Sunday, Sept. 1.
· Arnold, 6 feet 6, 220 pounds, was signed by New Orleans as a free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft out of Wisconsin-Platteville. After spending his rookie campaign on Injured Reserve, he played 10 regular season games with one start, tallying 12 receptions for 150 yards and one touchdown. The Fargo, N.D., native posted seven receptions for 110 yards and one touchdown in the 2019 preseason.
· Butler, 6-4, 220, was signed by New Orleans as a free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft out of Northern Arizona. In the 2019, preseason, he posted six receptions for 47 yards and one touchdown. The Phoenix, Ariz., native played in 45 games with 35 starts in five college seasons and totaled 187 receptions for 3,217 yards (17.2 avg.) and 33 touchdowns. Butler holds the school single-season records (2015) for yards (1,208) and touchdowns (15).
· Green, 6-3, 215, was a second round pick in the 2016 NFL draft by the Indianapolis Colts out of Clemson. The Sylacauga, Ala., native appeared in 31 games over two seasons for the Colts and posted 88 tackles and three passes defensed, spending the 2019 preseason with the Saints.
· Humphrey, 6-4, 225, originally signed with New Orleans as an undrafted free agent this spring, making four grabs for 103 yards and one touchdown in the preseason. In three seasons at the University of Texas, he played in 36 games with 18 starts and finished his college career with 125 catches for 1,622 yards and 10 touchdowns.
· Kelly, 6-5, 220, was signed by New Orleans as an undrafted free agent after serving as a four-year starter on the offensive line at Florida State, playing in 34 games with 28 starts at both guard and tackle.
· Leglue, 6-7, 310 had been a mainstay on the Tulane football team's offensive line, seeing action in 49 games. The Alexandria native earned the starting nod in the final 37 games of his career. Leglue also played a key role in paving the way for back-to-back 1,000-yard running backs. After earning a Master's of Business Administration from Tulane this spring, Leglue spent the 2019 preseason with the Denver Broncos.
· Loewen, 6-5, 275, was originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Arkansas in 2016 and returns to New Orleans after spending the last week of the 2018 regular season and the 2019 preseason with the Detroit Lions. After playing six positions for the Razorbacks, Loewen transitioned into playing on the defensive line full-time in New Orleans, where he has played in three regular season games in the last two seasons.
· Mack, 6-5, 247, was a seventh round draft pick by New Orleans out of Notre Dame in the 2019 NFL Draft, where he played tight end. He played in 35 games with 23 starts and finished his college career with 68 receptions for 716 yards and four touchdowns.
· Mizzell, 5-10, 185, signed with Baltimore as an undrafted free agent out of Virginia in 2017 and has been in Chicago the last two seasons. In 2018, he played in nine games with one start and caught eight passes for 78 yards with one touchdown, carried nine times for 16 yards and returned seven kickoffs for 106 yards.
· Williams, 6-4, 212, was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco out of Houston in 2018. He spent the last month of 2018 on the 49ers practice squad and the 2019 preseason with New Orleans. In two seasons with Houston from 2016-17, played in 25 games with 17 starts, finishing his college career with 95 tackles, four interceptions, one fumble recovery and seven passes defensed.
Check out the faces of the Saints 2019 practice squad.