Deuce McAllister, the leading rusher in New Orleans Saints history will join forces with former Buffalo Bills/University of Alabama/and current UFL Omaha Nighthawks Running Back Shaud Williams to host the Dream Big Life Skills Football Camp at Pan American Stadium in New Orleans' City Park.
The two-day camp will take place on Monday, July 19th and Tuesday, July 20th. There will be two separate camps broken down by age groups. Students entering fourth through eighth grade will attend the 9:00 am – Noon session each day. Students entering ninth through twelfth grade will attend the 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm session each day.
The Dream Big Life Skills camp will place a primary focus on the fundamentals of football. The instruction and coaching provided to the campers will be tailored to their level of football, as determined by their age group.
McAllister and Williams are excited to announce the participation of Nike's SPARQ Training. Nike is sending their mobile SPARQ Training unit to New Orleans for the two-day camp. The mobile unit has a focused initiative in California, Texas, and Florida. However, they are making a special appearance in Louisiana for this camp. SPARQ will be incorporated into all activities of the camp, as the Nike Team will lead a dynamic warm-up each day and then take part in coaching the athletes and putting them through SPARQ drills.
They are also appreciative of the camp's Presenting Sponsors: Academy Sports & Outdoors, and Ochsner. Through their support, additional children in the community will be able to attend the camp whom may not have otherwise been able to register.
In addition to on the field instruction, the camp will also focus on instilling strong morals and values in each camper. Both McAllister and Williams are known for their strong off the field leadership. Joining them in speaking to the kids will be members of the New Orleans Saints organization.
"Football will always be an important part of my life. I'm looking forward to joining Shaud as we spend time sharing our knowledge of football with the athletes that attend the camp," states McAllister. "I know that every child that attends the camp will learn something that will impact them for life."
"I am excited to join Deuce out there in coaching the kids. I love sharing my knowledge of football with today's youth. But more importantly, I like to help prepare them for life, and encourage them to set goals and DREAM BIG," states Williams, "because dreaming big is about more than just football!"
Specific Camp Details:
- Monday, July 19 & Tuesday, July 20
- 4th – 8th Grade 9 am – Noon
- 9th – 12th Grade 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Pan American Stadium, New Orleans City Park
- $125.00/Athlete Attending the Two-Day Camp Each Athlete Will Receive
- An official camp t-shirt
- Hands on football coaching by Deuce McAllister, Shaud Williams, and various other local coaches
- SPARQ Training from the Official Nike SPARQ Training Team
- Motivational speeches by current and former members of the NFL Deuce McAllister– Dulymus "Deuce" McAllister was drafted by the Saints in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft (23rd overall). He holds the all-time New Orleans Saints record for most career rushing yards (6,096) and touchdowns (55). McAllister was a two-time Pro Bowl selection. He officially retired from the NFL in 2010. He attended The University of Mississippi. He is the only Ole Miss player to record three seasons with at least 1,000 all-purpose yards. He finished his college career with Ole Miss records for carries (616), yards (3,060), rushing TDs (360), total TDs (41), points (246), and 100-yard games (13). In January, Coach Sean Payton brought McAllister back to the Saints team to be a part of their quest to win the Super Bowl.
Shaud Williams – Williams signed with the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He completed the 2005 season as the second leading rusher for the Bills. In 2009, Williams joined the United Football League (UFL) for their inaugural season where he was named a captain of the Florida Tuskers team. He has been allocated to the expansion Omaha Nighthawks to be the starting running back for the 2010 season. Williams completed his college ball at The University of Alabama. During his senior season at Alabama, he led the SEC in rushing with over 1200 yards and 15 TDs. In 2009, he was named to the Texas High School Hall of Fame. During his career at Andrews High School, he rushed for 7,712 yards, which ranks 10th on the all-time records for Texas.
Nike SPARQ – Nike created a standardized test for sport-specific athleticism called SPARQ: Speed – Power – Agility – Reaction – Quickness. In 2010 there is a Nike Football Tour visiting high schools throughout California, Texas, and Florida to perform Nike SPARQ Training and testing initiatives. Various professional athletes have taken part in SPARQ Training and testing, including Boston Red Sox outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and 2008 Heisman Trophy winner and current Denver Bronco Tim Tebow.
For more information, please visit www.dreambigfootballcamps.com