DETROIT LIONS AT NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2016
SAINTS POSTGAME NOTES
With the loss, New Orleans drops to 5-7. The Saints return to action on Sunday, Dec. 11, when they visit Raymond James Stadium to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Kickoff is 3:25 p.m.
- QB Drew Breesplayed in his 170th-career game as a Saint today, moving him into a tie with DT Derland Moore for eighth place on the club's all-time games played list. He completed 31-of-44 passes for 326 yards with three interceptions. It was his first home game without throwing a touchdown since Oct. 4, 2009 vs. the New York Jets, snapping an NFL-record 60-game streak.
- Today marked Brees' 104th game with at least 300 yards passing, extending his NFL record.
- RB Mark Ingramrushed seven times for 37 yards and added 16 yards on five receptions. On the season, he has now totaled 1,022 yards from scrimmage, becoming the first Saint to have 1,000 yards from scrimmage in three-consecutive seasons since WR Marques Colston did so from 2009-12.
- WR Brandin Cookscaught a team-high seven passes for 73 yards and also rushed once for four yards.
- TE Coby Fleenerfinished with five catches for a team-leading 86 yards, including a long- reception of 31 yards.
- FB John Kuhnscored from one-yard out in the fourth quarter, posting his fourth rushing touchdown on the season, matching a career-high set in 2010 and 2011. He totaled four yards with one score on two attempts and 11 yards on one reception.
- RB Travaris Cadetcaught five passes for a season-high 53 yards with a long of 18 yards.
- LB Dannell Ellerbemade the start and collected a sack of QB Matthew Stafford in the second quarter, posting sacks in four-consecutive games for the first time in his career. He is one-half sack shy of matching his career-best 4.5 QB takedowns set in 2012 while a member of the Baltimore Ravens. He added five solo tackles.
- Ellerbebecame the first Saint with at least one sack in four-consecutive contests since DE Will Smith tallied sacks in five-consecutive games from Nov. 2-Nov. 30, 2009 (7.5 total sacks).
- DT Sheldon Rankinsnotched his third sack of the season in the third quarter, bringing down Stafford for a loss of three yards. He tallied three solo tackles.
- S Jairus Byrdtallied a team-leading nine tackles, seven of which were solo, also a team-best, with one pass defensed.
- CB Delvin Breauxmade the start, the 21st of his career and recorded a career-high eight tackles (six solo).
- CB Sterling Moorestarted and registered seven tackles (five solo) and two passes defensed.
- P Thomas Morsteadappeared in his 122nd-career game, moving him into a tie with former Saints running back and current Director of Player Development Fred McAfee (1991-93, 2000-06) for 27th on the club's all-time games played list.
- T Zach Striefplayed in his 152nd-career game, surpassing OL Jim Dombrowski and moving into sole possession of 11th place on the club's all-time games played list.