<span> <span style="">Fans To Vote For Winner On NFL.com</span>
Defensive end CHARLES GRANT of the New Orleans Saints, defensive tackle ALBERT HAYNESWORTH of the Tennessee Titans, linebacker DERRICK JOHNSON of the Kansas City Chiefs, cornerback DARRELLE REVIS of the New York Jets and linebacker BARRETT RUUD of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the finalists for GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK honors for games played on September 28 - 29, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one of these five players on NFL.com/gmc beginning immediately following Monday Night Football and ending on Thursday at 4:00 pm EST to determine the GMC SIERRA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK. The winner will be announced Thursday evening on NFL.com.
After the regular season, five players will be nominated for GMC Sierra Defensive Player of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/gmc throughout the month of January.
A closer look at the finalists:
• New Orleans' CHARLES GRANT put constant pressure on 49ers' QB J.T. O'Sullivan and tallied two sacks, six tackles and one defensed pass in the Saints' 31-17 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
• Tennessee's ALBERT HAYNESWORTH recorded two sacks, six tackles and one defensed pass in the Titans' 30 – 17 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
• Kansas City's DERRICK JOHNSON contributed six tackles, forced one fumble that led to a touchdown drive and made one interception in the Chiefs' first win of the season, a 33 – 19 victory over the Denver Broncos.
• New York Jets' DARRELLE REVIS made two interceptions, including one for a 32-yard touchdown return, and four tackles in the Jets' 56 – 35 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
• Tampa Bay's BARRETT RUUD totaled five tackles, one sack, and one interception in the Buccaneers' 30 – 21 win over the Green Bay Packers.
GMC, a division of General Motors Corporation (NYSE:GM) markets vehicles in the U.S., Canada and Mexico through a network of approximately 2,200 dealers with a focus on trucks and SUVs engineered to deliver enhanced capabilities, unique design elements, and innovative features to fit every active lifestyle. The GMC Professional Grade lineup of trucks includes the Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra, Yukon and crossover SUV, Acadia. GMC expanded its lineup in early 2008 with the Yukon Hybrid, which features the world's first 2-Mode hybrid system, and coming in the first half of 2009 will be the Sierra Hybrid pickup. More information on GMC and its products can be found on the division's website at www.gmc.com.