Meet the newest member of the New Orleans Saints, cornerback and punt returner Marcus Sherels
- Cornerback Marcus Sherels is a Minnesota native who attended college in Minnesota and spent the last nine seasons with the Vikings.
- Sherels has played in 120 games and returned 231 punts for 2,447 yards.
- In 2018, Sherels had six punt returns of 20 yards or more, tying him for second most in the NFL.
- Sherels has five career touchdowns off punt returns and averages 10.6 yards per return.
- Saints punter Thomas Morstead and Sherels came together for a few community events after Morstead injured his ribs in a playoff game following the 2017 season trying to tackle Sherels.