<span style="">Quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, JASON CAMPBELL of the Washington Redskins and BRETT FAVRE of the New York Jets are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on September 28 - 29, while running backs EARNEST GRAHAM of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, LARRY JOHNSON of the Kansas City Chiefs and CLINTON PORTIS of the Washington Redskins are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week honors, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 11 a.m.. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program for the first time, FedEx is teaming up with Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – to deliver safer kids by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding directly benefits local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, to fund pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year. This year, FedEx celebrates its fifth year of the program and will surpass the $1 million mark in funding to create safer communities for children.
New this season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted only on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's MARSHALL FAULK and TERRELL DAVIS host the weekly five-minute show. Fans may vote by clicking here!
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• New Orleans' DREW BREES completed 23 of 35 passes for 363 yards and three touchdowns in the Saints' 31 – 17 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
• Washington's JASON CAMPBELL passed for 231 yards and two touchdowns completing 20 of his 31 passes in the Redskins' 26 – 24 win over the Dallas Cowboys. Campbell managed an offense that controlled the ball for more than 38 minutes.
• New York Jets' BRETT FAVRE threw for a career-high six touchdowns and posted a 123.7 passer rating in the Jets' 56 – 35 win over the Arizona Cardinals. Favre completed 24 of 34 passes to eight different receivers for 289 yards.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Tampa Bay's EARNEST GRAHAM rushed for 111 yards and one touchdown over 20 carries in the Buccaneers' 30 – 21 win over the Green Bay Packers. Graham's fourth-quarter one-yard touchdown sealed Tampa Bay's victory.
• Kansas City's LARRY JOHNSON rushed for 198 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries in the Chiefs' 33 – 19 win over the AFC West rival Denver Broncos, the Chiefs' first win of the year.
• Washington's CLINTON PORTIS totaled 121 rushing yards on 21 carries in the Redskins' 26 – 24 win over the NFC East rival Dallas Cowboys.
FedEx, the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply-chain management services, is the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl. Through the weekly FedEx Air & Ground Awards, FedEx recognizes those NFL players who represent the same speed, precision and teamwork that their customers have come to expect from the full range of FedEx air, ground, freight and international shipping services, delivering safer kids in the process. With thousands of trucks out on the roads each day, FedEx is committed to improving pedestrian safety for children, by funding education programs and environmental improvements, from signage and crosswalks to pedestrian walkways near schools and playgrounds.