<span>New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove has been named the NFC's Defensive Player of the Week for NFL action in regular season week nine.
• Hargrove, making his second start of the year, had two fumble recoveries, a fumble-return touchdown, a forced fumble and three tackles in the Saints' 30-20 win over Carolina.
• With 2:17 remaining in the game and the Saints clinging to a three-point lead, Hargrove stopped the Panthers running back for a one-yard loss, forced a fumble, picked the ball up and scored a touchdown to seal the victory for the Saints. The touchdown was the first of his career.
• New Orleans is off to a franchise-best 8-0 start. The Saints trailed 14-0 and became just the third team in NFL history to maintain a perfect record this far into a season by winning a game it trailed by at least 14 points.
• In his fifth season from Georgia Tech, this is Hargrove's first Player of the Week Award and the fourth for the Saints this year.
• Hargrove is the first Saints defensive tackle to be honored since LA'ROI GLOVER in 2000 (Week 13).