No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.
1. Eligibility: The Saints 2023 Black History Month Essay Contest Presented by Cox (hereafter, "Contest") is open to legal residents of Louisiana who are (i) attending a local high school, (ii) thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry, (iii) entering with parental permission, and (iv) the intended recipients of the invitation at their school to complete the entry (hereinafter, the "Eligible Entrants"). Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of New Orleans Louisiana Saints, LLC (hereafter, "Sponsor" or "Saints"), Cox Communications Louisiana, LLC ("Cox"), the NFL Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, (hereafter collectively, the "Released Parties"), and each such individual's immediate family members (mother, father, sister, and brother) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. The National Football League, its member professional football clubs (excluding Sponsor), NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the "NFL Entities") will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the award of the prize. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply.
2. Contest Period:Contest begins at 12:30:00 p.m. Central Time ("CT") on 1/27/2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on 3/5/2023 (hereafter, "Promotion Period").
3. How to Enter/Participate: During the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must use the link on the invitation to enter this Contest and follow the instructions provided to complete and submit the registration form, including the submission of an essay response to the provided prompt(s) (limited to a maximum of one thousand (1000) words), to receive one (1) entry into the Contest ("Entry"). All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm CT on 3/5/2023 to be eligible. Only one (1) entry per person and/or email address will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period. Additional entries received from the same person and/or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines in order to be eligible.
Determination of compliance with Entry Guidelines and these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
- Entry must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Entry must not contain indecent behavior, profanities, or obscenities, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
- Entry must not include any personally identifiable information of entrant or any other person(s), as determined by Sponsor.
- Entry must not refer, depict, or in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest, or any other person or entity.
- Entry must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- Entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules.
All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an Entry, Eligible Entrants certify that: (i) they are the sole owner of the Entry, (ii) that no approval is required, and (iii) that they have the full right, without restriction, to license the Entry. Furthermore, by submitting an Entry, Eligible Entrants grant to Sponsor and its designees a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive right, but not the obligation, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, promote, market, advertise, and display the Entry, for any purposes and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, without further consideration, compensations, notification, or permission. By submitting an Entry, Eligible Entrants agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Sponsor harmless of, from, and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees) arising from or in connection with any third-party claim relating to the submission of an Entry, including Sponsor's use thereof.
Data rates may apply; check with your internet or wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges; entrants are solely responsible for any such internet or wireless charges. The use of script, macro, or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to enter the Contest is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor's sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) are void. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, destroyed, or undelivered entries, email invitations, emails, entry information, or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems, or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures, or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines, or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, mail, emails, or the announcement of a prize; or for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any Entries of Eligible Entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Contest or is in violation of these Official Rules.
Contest Judging: Based on the criteria outlined below, two (2) Grand Prize winners will be chosen at the conclusion of the Promotion Period from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor. Sponsor will judge each Entry based on the following criteria: (i) Understanding of the topic (1-5 points); (ii) Originality: including creativity, depiction, and uniqueness (1-5 points); (iii) Effectiveness in presenting a point-of-view (1-5 points) and (iiii) Grammar and spelling (1-5 points). In the event of a tie, such tied Entries will be re-judged based on the following criteria: enthusiasm: (1-5 points). The Eligible Entrant who submits the highest scoring Entry for each writing prompt, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed a Grand Prize winner (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores. By entering, Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects.
4. Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winners (or their parents or legal guardians) will be notified via email and/or telephone and may be required to execute and return a Prize Claim Form, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and (where legal) Publicity Release, an IRS Form W-9, and/or any other documents required by Sponsor within three (3) days of the date of issuance of notification. If such documents are not returned within the specified time-period, if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or if the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected. By entering, Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all respects. If a potential Grand Prize winner is otherwise eligible but considered a minor in their jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of their parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND NOTIFIED THAT THE VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Grand Prize: There will be two (2) Grand Prize winners (one (1) per writing prompt). Each Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets and two (2) pre-game field passes for winner and one (1) guest to attend the Saints 2023 regular season home opener at the Caesars Superdome in New Orleans, LA on a date TBD (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $572). Total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest: $572.
All prizes are awarded "as is" without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Winners and guests are responsible for parking and all ground transportation to/from game. In the event the game is postponed and rescheduled, Sponsor will make best efforts to award tickets to the rescheduled game. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, passes, vouchers, or certificates will not be replaced. Released Parties are not responsible for any game delays, any cancellation of the game, and/or any other difficulties occurring with the Prizing. Tickets and/or passes are subject to the terms and conditions specified thereon. Winner and guest agree to comply with all such terms and conditions, as well as with all game and venue rules and regulations (including, without limitation, all health and safety restrictions in place for the venue) and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game. Winner(s) and/or guest(s) will be escorted out of venue by Sponsor or its designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state, or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol), as venue operator determines in their sole discretion, and winner will forfeit the balance of their prize. Exact seat and/or pass locations to be determined solely by Sponsor or its designee. Unused tickets and/or passes cannot be returned, refunded, exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets and/or passes, nor applied toward tickets and/or passes for any subsequent game.
All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any portion of the Grand Prize not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, and local taxes, food, beverages, souvenirs, incidentals, parking, any ground transportation, and other miscellaneous expenses, are Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. Any unawarded, unclaimed, voided, or forfeited prizes will not be awarded. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded in any form. For prize values of $600 or more, the Grand Prize winner will receive an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize for the tax year in which prize is awarded. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated herein be awarded. The award of a prize does not indicate any endorsement, approval, or sponsorship of this Contest by any named or implied individual or entity. Other than the details of the prizing herein, Released Parties shall have no additional obligations or commitments to the Grand Prize in connection with this Contest. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute the prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Entrants agree, by entering, that: i) Sponsor and its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrant's name, city and state of residence, photograph, any recording (voice, film, or video), and/or likeness for advertising, trade, and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission, or notification; and ii) the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto (including, but not limited to, travel to/from and attendance at a game) or participation in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Contest (or portion thereof) for any reason, including should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest and, in the case of termination, at its discretion, select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to the event that required such termination. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that: i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Sponsor; ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Louisiana, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
9. Winner's Name: For the name of the winner (available after 3/6/2023), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 4/15/2023 to: Saints Cox Essay Contest Winner, c/o New Orleans Saints, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.
10. Sponsor and Administrator: New Orleans Louisiana Saints, LLC, 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.