Photos of Coach Sean Payton as he addresses the media in press conference at Ochsner Sports Performance Center on January 16, 2018.
New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton held his end of season press conference Tuesday in the media room at the Ochsner Sports Performance Center. A few takeaways from his session with the media:
- Payton said the team conducted player interviews and a team meeting Tuesday. Payton said the way the season ended was difficult, "the finality more than anything."
- Payton praised the 2017 draft class several times and said rookie running back Alvin Kamara had "a very good year, a productive year. He's an important piece of that draft class."
- Payton said the team will look at every area of the operation and see what can be improved. There is "a lot of work to do this offseason ... a lot of areas we have to address."
- The Saints finished the season with 20 players on Injured Reserve and the offensive line in particular had players moving in and out of the lineup. Payton said the coaching staff did "an outstanding job of getting these guys ready to go."
- Payton said everyone on the team that experienced the Super Bowl win following the 2009 season "has that drive to get back" and he said he wants to get this group of players to experience it.