The New Orleans Saints are proud to announce auditions for the 2015-16 New Orleans Saints cheerleading team, the Saintsations, will be held Saturday, April 11.
The Saintsations are comprised of two separate teams. According to team director Lesslee Fitzmorris, "Each team plays a vital role in our mission to provide the "best" cheerleading team that represents not only the Saints and but our community throughout the world. The popularity of the Saintsations, both locally and internationally, has made it necessary to expand the team to accommodate our growing fan base." Applicants may audition for one or both teams.
Appearance Performing Team:
The focus of the Saintsation Appearance Team will be community outreach, game day appearances, stadium performances and media relations.
Applicants should be able to possess public speaking skills and dance technique. Benefits of membership on this team include extensive community relations and marketing experience, media training and a shorter rehearsal schedule.
Field Performing Team:
The focus will be community appearances and on-field performances.
Applicants should be able to posses extensive dance technique. Benefits of membership on this team include extensive dance training, community relations and a regimented rehearsal schedule.
Both teams will make community appearances on behalf of the Saints. Both teams will be featured in the Saintsations "Making of the Calendar" television show, featured in the team swimsuit calendar, team poster and website.
Click here to download the Audition Packet with information that outlines the qualifications and auditions procedures for each team.
- Candidates must be at 18 years of age on or by the date of preliminary auditions.
- Proof of age is required (please bring certified copy of birth certificate OR a driver's license).
- Membership on the Saintsations team is for one (1) year. No preference is given to returning members. All returning Saintsations must re-audition.
- Please complete the Application Form, the Medical Release Form, and the Consent Form and bring with you to auditions or at the audition workshop.
- Those selected for the squad will be required to attend three weekend clinics on Sunday, May 3, June 14 and July 12.
- Rehearsals will be held on Tuesday and Thursday during the last two weeks in April and second week of May. Rehearsals beginning in the last week of July and August will be on Tuesday and Thursdays. During the fall, there will rehearsals Thursday before a home game and four Sunday workshops. Additional rehearsals may be required during the fall. The appearance team has less rehearsals during the year.
- There will be a first meeting and rehearsal on Thursday, April 16 and Sunday, April 19
- The calendar shoot and retreat is optional and scheduled between May 25-May 28
- NFL cheerleaders do not attend away games, but are expected to perform at all home games at the Louisiana Superdome as well as any additional home pre-season or playoff games. Should the Saints play in the Super Bowl, the squad may make the trip. Travel out of New Orleans and appearances for corporate and charitable organizations are cast based on individual availability. All members of the Saintsations Team will need to provide their own transportation to all rehearsals and performances.
There are five steps to the audition process for membership on the New Orleans Saintsations. All steps of the audition process are closed.
Applicants must first complete the audition registration packet which consists of the following forms: Registration, waiver and consent forms. You may register online or download the packet at www.neworleanssaints.com or www.saintsations.net. If you download the packet, please email the completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to PO BOX 1062 Mandeville, LA 70470. We suggest pre-registering.
Be sure to check off if you are auditioning for the Appearance Team, Field Team or both. If you audition for both, then the judges will determine which team you
will be best suited for membership.
STEP 2-Audition Workshops
Sunday, March 15 (2-4 p.m.) AND/OR Thursday, April 2 (7:30-9:30)
There are two audition workshops scheduled. The same material will be taught at both locations. You may choose the date or location that is most convenient, you may go to both, or you may elect to skip the workshop entirely. The purpose of the optional workshop is to better prepare each participant for the audition process. Please note that attendance at this workshop is included in your registration process. Attendance at this workshop is optional and is not required. Participation in this workshop will have no effect on your selection to the team. However, a great deal of information will be shared as well as an improved understanding of what it takes to make the squad and what to look forward to if you do. You must be 18 years of age by the date of the workshop to attend. Please wear comfortable dance clothes with sneakers/dance shoes because you will also be learning a routine similar to that of the tryout routine.
Saturday, April 11, 9:00am-till
New Orleans Practice Facility, Metairie
There are three parts to preliminaries.
First, applicants will be required to complete the registration process, which includes registration paperwork, photograph, introduction, and personal information (height, weight, and measurements). There is a $75 audition fee. This includes participation in one or both workshops. You may register online or in person at either workshop or on the first day of auditions, Saturday, April 11.
Second, applicants will be evaluated on dance technique including kicks, leaps, and turns. There will be 30 seconds of free dance as well. A brief dance routine will be taught and performed in small groups before the judges. Applicants should come prepared to introduce themselves to the judges. Judges may require additional dance requirements.
Eliminations will be made throughout the day. At the end of the day, those advancing to the semi-finals will be posted. Semi-finalists will need to submit a brief home video giving us a background on you and why you want to join the team!
PRELIMINARY ATTIRE: Performers must wear a black solid two- piece ensemble (trunks or shorts only, no skirts or pants), flesh colored tights and dance shoes (jazz, character, ballet, etc.) Carmel's Dance Wear in Metairie is the official dance wear store of the Saintsations and is familiar with proper audition attire. Only participants and audition staff will be allowed in the facility during the preliminary audition process.
STEP 4-Semi-Final Auditions
Semi-Final Auditions: Monday, April 13, 6:30 pm
Franco's Athletic Club, Mandeville
The semi-final auditions will be the interview portion of the audition process. Professional interviews will be conducted with each participant in 15 minutes intervals. Business leaders from throughout the greater New Orleans region will conduct the interviews. Following the interviews, a test covering the NFL will be administered to each participant. Eliminations will be made after the semi-finals.
SEMI-FINAL ATTIRE: Professional/Business
STEP 5-Final Audition
Tuesday, April 14, 6:30 pm-9:45pm
New Orleans Saints Practice Facility, Metairie
Participants will perform the audition routine in smaller groups before the judges. A black two-piece ensemble (trunks or hot shorts only, no skirts or pants), flesh colored tights and dance shoes should be worn. An audition top will be provided. Technical skills will be evaluated along with overall dance performance and speaking skills.
The 2015 New Orleans Saints Saintsations team roster will be posted online at www.neworleanssaints.com on April 15!
The top Saintsation photos from the 2014 season by New Orleans Saints official team photographer Michael C. Hebert and Matthew Sharpe. (New Orleans Saints photos)