- The 38 points scored by the Saints are their most ever in a preseason game in the Superdome and the second-most in a home preseason game in franchise history. On Aug. 24, 1968, the Saints defeated the Cleveland Browns 40-27 at Tulane Stadium. The franchise high for points in a preseason game was achieved a year ago in a 45-7 road victory over Oakland on Aug. 29, 2009.
- For the second consecutive week, QB Drew Brees played three series. Brees drove the Saints to two touchdowns – a 9-yard run by RB Reggie Bush on the game's opening drive and a 1-yard quarterback sneak by Brees.
- QB Chase Daniel started the second quarter for the Saints and played most of the final three quarters. Daniel finished 15 of 21 for 182 yards, three touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 117.5.
- DT Sedrick Ellis had a productive first half, getting a sack of Texans QB Matt Schaub in the first quarter and recovering a fumble in the second quarter.
- For the second consecutive week, WR Adrian Arrington hauled in the longest play from scrimmage for the Saints. Arrington caught a 48-yard pass from Daniel in the second quarter Saturday night, nine days after a 51-yard catch and run in the preseason opener at New England. Arrington, who finished with three catches for 71 yards, also had a third-quarter touchdown reception from Daniel.
- The Saints scored 28 first-half points Saturday night, a feat the team achieved four times during the 2009 regular season and playoffs (28 vs. Detroit, 34 vs. N.Y. Giants, 28 vs. Atlanta, 35 vs. Arizona in NFC Divisional Playoff).
- P Thomas Morstead, who injured his shoulder in the first quarter against New England, returned to action Saturday night. He handled punting and holding duties. K Garrett Hartley handled kickoff duties.
- For the second consecutive week, the Saints had a scoring drive of more than 10 minutes. The fourth-quarter drive that ended in Hartley's field goal covered 60 yards, 18 plays and took 10:08 off the clock. Against New England, Brees engineered a 20-play, 86-yard drive that took 10:01.
Saints News | New Orleans Saints | NewOrleansSaints.com
New Orleans Saints receiver Chris Olave impressed in first NFL month
'When I get targeted, I want to bring in every pass that's thrown my way'
Andy Dalton likely to start at quarterback for New Orleans Saints against Minnesota
'Andy has done this. He's performed at a high level in our league'
New Orleans Saints run defense searching for consistency
'You can't have that roller coaster. To be even-keel is exactly where we need to be'
Andy Dalton takes first-team reps at quarterback with New Orleans Saints offense for second straight day in London
'He knows what we're doing, what the plan is. A lot of confidence in Andy.'
Jameis Winston did not practice Wednesday, expects to return to field Thursday for New Orleans Saints
'Really, it's more just trying to rest and trying to make sure he's healthy'
New Orleans Saints prepared for business in London
'You have to approach every single play like it's the most important play, because it is'
New Orleans Saints defense turns attention to Carolina quarterback Baker Mayfield
'Another athletic quarterback that creates some challenges with his feet, too'
New Orleans Saints defense played to expectation against Tampa Bay, looks to stay there against Carolina
'We still see things that we can improve on"'
New Orleans Saints quarterback Jameis Winston seeks the mellow amid the madness
'Preparation. Just staying there. Building triggers to not really get too high or too low'
New Orleans Saints Coach Dennis Allen: Cornerback Marshon Lattimore has to be mindful of instigation
'He understands that he can't retaliate and that's something that teams in this league are going to continue to try him on'
Lost fumble in third quarter gave New Orleans Saints offensive setback that proved significant against Tampa Bay
Saints fumbled in red zone with score tied 3-3