- Saints QB Drew Brees completed 16 of 29 passes for 172 yards with o touchdown passes and 0 interceptions. With his 20-yard pass to WR Devery Henderson on the game's first drive, Brees surpassed QB Bobby Hebert (14,630) to move into third place on the club's all-time list for passing yardage. Brees now has 14,751 Passing yards as a Saint.
- Led by the three-headed rushing monster of RBs Reggie Bush, Lynell Hamilton and Pierre Thomas, the Saints ran for 222 yards on the day on carries with three touchdowns
- Hamilton in his first NFL appearance, received his first start, carrying 5 times for 24 yards with a one-yard touchdown run.
- Bush finished second on the Saints in rushing with 13 carries for 64 yards. With 3 receptions for 17 yards, Bush had a total of 81 yards from scrimmage.
- RB Pierre Thomas, in his most extended action of the season led the Saints in rushing with 14 carries for 126 yards, including a fourth quarter 34-yard touchdown burst to give the Saints a ten point lead. Thomas had three runs of ten yards or more on the day.
- WR Marques Colston led the Saints in receiving yardage with four grabs for 67 yards, including a first quarter 32-yard catch that put the Saints into Buffalo territory on the first drive of the game which ended with New Orleans' only score.
- TE Jeremy Shockey led the Saints in receptions with six catches for 48 yards.
- The Saints once again won the turnover battle 2-1, improving to 4 on the season.
- In an impressive defensive effort, the Buffalo offense failed to enter the red zone once on the afternoon and only converted 2 of 14 third down conversions .
- S Roman Harper led the Saints with ten tackles (six solo).
- DE Will Smith intercepted a tipped pass in the fourth quarter at the New Orleans 27-yard line, stopping a potential Buffalo score. It was the first interception of Smith's six-year career. Smith also had a key fourth quarter sack on third down, forcing the Bills to punt again.
- For the second consecutive week, rookie CB Malcolm Jenkins made a big play on special teams. In the second quarter on a Saints punt, Jenkins forced the ball out of Buffalo WR/RS Roscoe Parrish's hands and recovered it, setting up a field goal by K John Carney that gave New Orleans a 10-7 lead that they would go into halftime with.
- The Saints have started 3-0 for the sixth-time in club history, the second time in coach Sean Payton's four-year tenure, tying him with Jim Mora for the most by a Saints head coach.
- The Saints now have a 5-4 record against the Bills and 3-1 mark at games played in Buffalo.
- Saints Head Coach Sean Payton awarded the game ball to defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, a former head coach of the Bills.
Saints News | New Orleans Saints | NewOrleansSaints.com
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: New York Jets
Saints will face Jets in Week 14 on Fox
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Dallas Cowboys
Saints will face Cowboys in 'Thursday Night Football' clash
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Buffalo Bills
Saints will face Bills on Thanksgiving on NBC
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Philadelphia Eagles
Saints will face Eagles in Week 11 on Fox
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Tennessee Titans
Saints will face AFC foe in Week 10 on CBS
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Atlanta Falcons
Saints will face arch-rival Falcons in Week 9 and Week 18
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Saints will face division rival and the reigning Super Bowl champions in Week 8 and Week 15
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Seattle Seahawks
Saints will travel to Seattle for a Week 7 'Monday Night Football' showdown
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: Washington Football Team
Saints will travel to Washington in Week 5 of the 2021 NFL season
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: New York Giants
Saints will host Giants in Week 4 of the 2021 NFL season
2021 New Orleans Saints opponent profile: New England Patriots
Saints will face Patriots at Gillette Stadium in Week 3 of the 2021 NFL season