<span style="">The Saints completed another up-tempo and lively organized team activity on Tuesday morning at their headquarters in Metairie. The team is scheduled to conclude their OTA's late next week and then return for the beginning of training camp late in July.
The team worked on nickel and dime offensive and defensive sets this morning, and if awards were given out for top performances during OTA's, then today's MVP would have been SS Roman Harper. The 6-1, 200-pound product of Alabama, who is entering his fourth NFL season, recorded two interceptions this morning, one of which was a diving, finger-tip variety that he some how managed to haul in with one-hand as he was falling to the sod. Later he swiped a pass intended for TE Jason Kyle/Billy Miller.aspx">Billy Miller across the middle of the field and quickly turned up-field for a lengthy return.
"It felt good to make some plays this morning," Harper said. "The ball seemed to come my way today and it was a result of the pressure we were dialing up on defense. Everything was moving quickly out there and the pace was good. The defense is coming along, even though we are still in the learning process."
The practice session, which was performed under high humidity readings, also featured:
- WR Robert Meachem sneaking across the middle of the field and making a nice reception on a crossing route.
- RB Reggie Bush quickly hitting a hole in the interior and making a quick jitterbug move before darting into the open field.
- CB Tracy Porter and DT Sedrick Ellis blowing up an end-around.
- LB Marvin Mitchell tracking down WR Lynell Hamilton/Skyler Green.aspx">Skyler Green after a quick out pattern.
- WR Garrett Hartley/Matt Simon.aspx">Matt Simon making a nice reception from QB Anthony Hargrove/Joey Harrington.aspx">Joey Harrington.
- DE Jeremy Parnell batting down yet another pass at the line of scrimmage. Parnell, a rookie standing 6-6 out of Ole Miss, seemingly bats down at least one pass per practice.
- LB Troy Evans racing into the backfield to stop rookie RB Herb Donaldson.
- During 7-on-7 drills, WR Devery Henderson caught a Drew Brees pass right in stride and turned and raced up-field. One of the fastest players in the NFL in CB Leigh Torrence, was unable to close ground on Henderson as he motored into the end zone from 50 yards out.
- TE Jeremy Shockey making a tough grab in traffic.
- CB Tracy Porter neatly defending a pass intended for Henderson but knocking it down just before nestling into Henderson's outstretched hands.
- WR Lynell Hamilton/Skyler Green.aspx">Skyler Green making a nice reception on a pass from QB Mark Brunell.
- RB Mike Bell sprinting out of the backfield to make a nice catch on a pass from Drew Brees.
<span style="">Notes:</span> Veteran LB Dan Morgan, through his representatives at Rosenhaus Sports, informed the Saints that he has aborted his attempted comeback to the NFL. Morgan, who suffered a strained calf muscle midway through the team's three-day mini-camp over the past weekend, has returned home to his home in North Carolina where he has focused his full-time attention to his fledging restaurant business. Agent Drew Rosenhaus graciously thanked the Saints for giving Morgan the opportunity the past two off-seasons. "Dan would like to thank the Saints for the chance to come back this year, but injuries would not let him continue his career."… Saints fans responded to the call to bring non-perishable food items to the two practices that were open to the public over weekend. According to the collecting agency, Second Harvest Food Bank of New Orleans and Arcadiana, 1,474 pounds of food was collected on Friday and Saturday…Head Coach Sean Payton said he did not anticipate adding another linebacker to the mix in the immediate future.