Five things to know about tackle Trevor Penning, a Northern Iowa product who the New Orleans Saints selected with the 19th pick in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft on Thursday, April 28.
- Penning was part of an offensive line at Northern Iowa that allowed just 36 sacks and a loss of 231 yards on the season and went 25-for-30 on red zone attempts-scores.
- Was the only offensive lineman named as a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, presented to the national offensive player of the year.
- Penning was a three-year starter at left tackle for Northern Iowa.
- Has a 83 ½-inch wingspan and set Northern Iowa's squat record with two reps at 625 pounds.
- Was a team captain at Newman Catholic High School where he also lettered in basketball and track and field.
Check out photos of New Orleans Saints 2022 NFL Draft first round draft selection Trevor Penning, offensive lineman out of the University of Northern Iowa who was selected with the 19th pick.