Here are some of our favorite quotes from the just ended 2018 New Orleans Saints draft.
1. "So we got an LSU player and I called him and I always ask everyone where you at. And he's like, 'I'm in Metairie.' And I said all right. So he's local and he probably can save some money on rent."
- Saints Coach Sean Payton on drafting Will Clapp
2. "People expect some crazy story but my great-great grandfather's nickname was Boston and he was some mathematician at the time that was pretty well-known and my dad liked his nickname and decided to name me that."
- Sixth-round pick Boston Scott on the origins of his name
3. "I always thought the Saints could be a good fit. When you grow up as a little kid, you run around, when I was— I might have been like in seventh grade or sixth grade when Drew Brees signed and we were all running around outside pretending to be Drew Brees."
- seventh-round pick Will Clapp, a Brother Martin product
4. "The one thing that stands out is you see is effort, down in and down out, how he plays. That's pretty impressive."
- Payton on first-round draft pick Marcus Davenport
5. "My hopes for my first season? I want to shoot big. I want a Super Bowl. I just want to be able to impact (and) be an impact player, help out in any way I can."
6. "I think that too much gets made out of why a guy drops or doesn't drop. More often than not that gets created by the media. The guys broadcasting the draft because if a guy did not meet their expectations then, Oh, why is he dropping? Well, that's not everybody else's expectations. That's their expectation."
- Saints GM Mickey Loomis
7. "Honestly, I just consider myself a football player. I can play all the positions from corner to nickel to safety. Wherever the Saints want to see me at is where I'll be at."
- fifth-round pick Natrell Jamerson
8. "This is where I'm supposed to be on the (offensive) side of the ball. I'm still growing as a tackle obviously. I mean I've only played two years, but I've learned a hell of lot. I'm just so excited right now."
- fourth-round pick Rick Leonard
9. "They want to throw the ball. I know Drew Brees is a great quarterback, terrific quarterback. They want to get the ball downfield and score touchdowns. They want to get the ball in play-makers hands. And my job is to come in there and do what is best for the team. I want to come there and build a great relationship with Drew Brees, build a connection, that receiver-quarterback connection."
- third-round draft pick Tre'Quan Smith
10. "Yeah, I'd say that's a nice coincidence for him isn't it? He has a family history here and that's kind of cool."
- Loomis on first-round draft Marcus Davenport's family connections to New Orleans