The top 20 photos from the New Orleans Saints vs Atlanta Falcons games in 2013. Photos by Michael C. Hebert. (New Orleans Saints photos)
Atlanta leads the series, 46-43, with New Orleans holding a 13-3 advantage over the Falcons since 2006. The series has been defined by hard-fought contests and lengthy periods of dominance for both clubs. Since 1991, 27 games have been decided by a touchdown or less. The Falcons had a 10-game winning streak from 1995-99, which remains the Saints' longest winless streak against an opponent. New Orleans took 13 of 16 in the rivalry from 1986-94 and Atlanta won nine-straight over the fledgling Saints from 1969-73.
Atlanta's most recent mastery over a five-year period ended with a 21-19 win for New Orleans at the Georgia Dome on Nov. 22, 2000. Six games in the series have gone into overtime, including the 26-23 Saints win on November 13, 2011 at the Georgia Dome.
In the 89 regular season games of the series there has been:
- 1,850 points scored by New Orleans, 1,954 allowed.
- A ten-game Atlanta winning streak from 1995-99.
- A six-game win streak for New Orleans from 1986-89.
- A 12-10 record for the Saints in games played in the Georgia Dome.
- 37 games decided by double-digits.
- 17 games decided by 21 or more points.
- 45 games decided by seven points or less.
- 3 games decided by one point.
- A 38-point win by Saints (11/1/87) - Biggest Saints win.
- A 55-point loss by Saints (9/16/73) - Biggest Saints loss.
- Four shutouts—Two by each club, the most recent a 38-0 win in Atlanta on 11/1/87.
- Six overtime games— three wins by New Orleans.
- Six Monday night games, two Sunday night games and four Thursday night games.
- Eight season openers and six season finales.
- A 22-23 home record for New Orleans and a 21-23 road record.