Official team photos from the New Orleans Saints vs New England Patriots game on Saturday, August 22, 2015. Photos by Michael C. Hebert. New Orleans Saints photos.
- With the loss, the New Orleans Saints fall to 0-2 in the preseason. Their next contest is on Sunday, Aug. 30, when they play host to the Houston Texans at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The game will be nationally televised on Fox with a 3 p.m. CDT kickoff.
- Dating to the 2010 preseason, the Saints now own a 7-4 preseason record at home.
- QB Drew Brees played the first quarter, making his preseason debut. He finished with 159 passing yards and two touchdowns on 8-of-10 passing.
- Brees finished with a perfect passer rating of 158.3. The only time in the regular season that Brees has had a perfect passer rating was against Saturday's opponent, the Patriots, when he completed 18-of-23 passes for 371 yards and five touchdowns in a 38-17 win on Nov. 30, 2009 on "Monday Night Football."
- WR Brandin Cooks caught four passes for 117 yards and one touchdown, a 45-yard catch from Brees in the first quarter.
- After their first touchdown in the first quarter, the Saints attempted a two-point conversion, the team's first attempt of a two-point conversion under the new extra point rules instituted in the 2015 season. New Orleans would go for two after each of its three touchdowns.
- It was the first time New Orleans attempted a two-point conversion in a preseason game since a successful Joique Bell run at the end of a 40-20 win at Oakland on August 28, 2011. That game was also the last game in which the Saints attempted multiple two-point conversions in a preseason contest.
- The last time the Saints scored at least 15 points in the first quarter of a preseason game was in their home game against the Oakland Raiders on August 16, 2013. That game was also the last time the Saints held a team scoreless in the opening quarter, closing the first quarter with a 17-0 lead.
- QB Luke McCown, who played the second quarter, completed four-of-six for 49 yards and one score.
- QB Ryan Griffin started the second half and finished with 85 yards on six-of-eight passing.
- QB Garrett Grayson played the entire fourth quarter and went seven-for-13 for 80 yards.
- S Pierre Warren claimed the lone Saints turnover, intercepting a Jimmy Garoppolo pass in the fourth quarter and returning it 33 yards.
- RB Mark Ingram rushed the ball six times for a team-best 18 yards, while grabbing three receptions for 45 yards.
- LB Jerry Franklin and Henry Coley shared the team lead with six total tackles. Both Franklin and Coley had five solo tackles and one assist.