- Lay's® Kettle Cooked Original Potato Chips or Lay's® Classic, crushed: 1 bag
- Butter, unsalted: 1 cup
- Brown Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Granulated Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp.
- Eggs: 2 each
- All Purpose Flour: 2 1/4 cups
- Baking Soda: 1 tsp.
- Kosher Salt: 3/4 tsp.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: 1 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven at 350 °F. In a mixer, beat together room temperature butter and both kinds of sugar, on high speed, until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) and add to the mixer. Mix on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in approximately half of the crushed Lay's® potato chips (reserve the rest for coating) and the chocolate chips. Fold to incorporate.
- Refrigerate until dough is chilled.
- Scoop dough into approximate 3 Tbsp. balls. Press down lightly to flatten slightly, and roll/coat in the remaining crushed Lay's®.
- Place cookies 2 in. apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until edges are set and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before serving and enjoying!
TO MAKE LAY'S® ICE CREAM SANDWICHES: Sandwich a scoop of your favorite ice cream between two Lay's® Chocolate Chip Cookies, dip or drizzle with chocolate, and roll in sprinkles and crushed Lay's®!
With limited fans in attendance this season, we're going to bring this series of tailgate recipes back home with the Homegate Snack of the Week!
Check out all of our Homegate Snack of the Week recipes.
Need more tailgate food recipes for your next party?
Check out the best tailgating recipes from 2019!