- Carr was a second-round draft pick (No. 36 overall) by the Oakland Raiders in 2014, the fourth quarterback selected that year. The Raiders' head coach in 2014 was Dennis Allen, currently the Saints' head coach. The union lasted four regular-season games; Allen was relieved of his duties after the Raiders started that season 0-4.
- Carr was the first rookie quarterback to start the season opener in Raiders franchise history.
- By wide margins, he is the Raiders' all-time leader in passing yards (35,222), passing touchdowns (217), attempts (4,958), completions (3,201) and completion percentage (64.6). He also has the highest passer rating (91.8) in franchise history, by a hair over Rich Gannon (91.2). He has 99 career interceptions.
- Carr is a four-time Pro Bowler, having been selected after the 2015-17 and 2022 seasons.
- He never has thrown more than 14 interceptions in a season, and had a four-year stretch (2018-21) where he completed at least 67.3 percent of his passes each season.
Five things to know about New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr
Derek Carr is the Raiders' all-time leader in passing yards and touchdowns
Mar 06, 2023 at 02:11 PM