There are thirteen (13) passenger elevators conveniently located throughout the Superdome. Elevators are located in close proximity to the entry doors at Gates A, C; G & E. Public elevators are prioritized for guests with disabilities.
Be aware that certain elevators can be held at any time to transport coaches, media, & team executives. Elevators will be held exclusively for ADA patrons from the 2 minutes warning until 15 minutes following the conclusion of the game except for Elevators 7, 7A, and 8 (Coaches, Press, and Saints Executives).
Elevator occupancy will be limited to allow for social distancing (max 5-6 per carrying).
- Queueing for elevator usage will be communicated with floor decals and signage.
- It is highly recommended that the stairs and escalators be utilized for vertical transportation when possible.
In the event of an emergency, please remain calm and WALK to the nearest exits, located at several points throughout the building. Please refer to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome map for exact locations.
Escalators are located at Plaza Level Gates A, C, E, and G for Mercedes-Benz Superdome patrons. All escalators access the Plaza, Loge, Suite, and Terrace Levels.
- Gate A Escalators also accesses the Ground and Mezzanine Levels.
- Gates C and G Terrace Level 500 Escalators access the 600A Level.
Escalators will continue to serve as the primary mode of vertical transportation for fans. To alleviate overcrowding and promote social distancing, the following procedures will be implemented.
- Escalators will be activated in the up position at an extended time during the onset of the event and activated in the egress position earlier then accustomed.
- ASM personnel will be positioned at the top and bottom of each escalator. Enhanced training will be provided for all appropriate PSD and GSD team members assisting with escalator usage during ingress/egress operations, including a greater focus on social distancing on each escalator (i.e., reasonable goal of between each guest).
- ASM personnel will monitor and encourage social distancing as guests load on to the rate of every 4-5 steps.
- Riders will also be highly encouraged to maintain step distance between each guest for both ingress and egress processes and travel.