- Erik McCoy attended Texas A&M from 2015-2018 where he played center for the Aggies, starting all 13 games his senior year and earning SEC's Offensive Lineman of the Week in the team's victory over LSU.
- Over his three-year career with the Aggies, McCoy started 39 games and allowed just one sack.
- He allowed just seven total pressures in 470 pass-blocking snaps in 2018, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Standing at 6 feet 4, 303 pounds, McCoy hails from Lufkin, Texas where he was named a first-team all-district pick and earned second team all-state honors as a senior at Lufkin High School.
- At the 2019 NFL Combine, the offensive lineman ran a 4.89 40-yard dash, benched 29 reps of 225 pounds, and jumped 31 inches.
With the 48th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints selected offensive lineman Erik McCoy.