1. Tennessee Coach Ken Whisenhunt is in his first season with the Titans, after leading Arizona from 2007-12. He led the Cardinals to two division titles and to the NFC title in 2008. Arizona lost to Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.
2. Quarterback Jake Locker (111 of 183 for 1,256 yards and eight touchdowns, with four interceptions; 24 carries for 155 yards and two touchdowns) missed nine games last season with a foot injury.
3. In the offseason, the Titans released running back Chris Johnson, who led the team in rushing last season (1,077 yards and six touchdowns on 279 carries) and had 7,965 rushing yards and 50 touchdowns in six seasons with Tennessee.
4. The Titans finished second in the AFC South, with a 7-9 record. Only division-winning Indianapolis (11-5) finished with a winning record.
5. The Titans haven’t advanced to the playoffs since 2008, and Whisenhunt is their third coach in five seasons.