The purpose of the "Spirit Award" is to honor a qualified high school student with a $1,500.00 monetary donation to pursue a degree at a 4-year college or university of the recipients' choice.
The recipient must have graduated from a high school located inLouisiana or Mississippi, be currently active on their high school dance or cheer team during their senior year and represent the ideals of the Saintsations organization by exemplifying a healthy lifestyle, demonstrating a positive role-model to younger students, participating in community service and high school extracurricular activities and be a good representative of the high school they attend. The award will be paid directly to the college or university to be applied to the recipient's school expense.
The Selection Criteria for the award will be based upon the following:
- GPA (2.5 or better)
- ACT/SAT scores
- School activities
- Noteworthy achievements
- Awards and recognition
- Community and personal activities
- Dance/Cheer coach or school Principal Letter of Recommendation
- One page Essay titled, "The Life Lessons I've Learned from Dance and Cheer"
- Evaluation of a submitted recorded performance
*Direct relatives of the Royal Sonesta Hotel and New Orleans Saintsations are not eligible.
-Complete the 2014 Spirit Award Application
- Be a current Louisiana or Mississippi high school senior who will graduate in the spring of 2014.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be nominated by a high school dance team, cheer coach or school principal
- Recipient must be a resident of the United States and the university or college must be located in the United States.
Award winner will be announced at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in December 2013. Recipient will need to be present at the December 29, 2013 New Orleans Saints home game, where the award will be publicly presented to the recipient by representatives from both the Royal Sonesta Hotel and the New Orleans Saintsations.
The "Spirit Award" is based strictly on merit and not financial need. Candidates are selected on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis and consistent with the purpose. Criteria such as age, religion, race, ethnic group or gender are not used in our selection process.
To apply for the scholarship, fill out this application.