NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. ATLANTA FALCONS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2012 ● MERCEDES-BENZ SUPERDOME
SAINTS POSTGAME NOTES
* The Saints improve to 4-5 with their fourth win in five games heading into next Sunday’s game at Oakland (3:05 p.m., FOX).
* The win extends New Orleans’ win streak in the month of November, dating back to 2009, to 13 games.
* This is the third time a Saints team has knocked off an undefeated opponent that was 6-0 or better, and each time, the win has come against a division rival. On Oct. 22, 1978, the Saints defeated the 7-0 Los Angeles Rams 10-3, and on Oct. 28, 2001, New Orleans defeated the 6-0 St. Louis Rams 34-31. Both previous wins were on the road.
* Brees’ second-quarter 29-yard touchdown pass to TE
* Brees has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 94 of his 104 starts as a Saint. Brees has 94 multiple-TD games in his NFL career, the third-most among active NFL quarterbacks.
* Brees now has 3,843 career completions to move into sixth place on the NFL’s career list. He moved past Drew Bledsoe on Sunday.
* Brees now has 25 touchdown passes this season, the seventh consecutive year and eighth time overall he has thrown 25 or more touchdowns in a season. Only Peyton Manning (13) and Brett Favre (11) have more seasons of 25 TD passes in NFL history.
* Brees reached 25 touchdown passes in the ninth game of the season for the first time in his career. He is the 10th quarterback since 1960 to reach 25 TD passes within the first nine games of the season.
* Brees and Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers (2011) are the only quarterbacks in league history with at least 2,800 passing yards and 25 touchdown passes in the first nine games of the season.
* With his third-quarter touchdown grab, WR
* With three catches Sunday, Colston is now four receptions shy of 500 for his career. He would become the third player in franchise history to reach that mark, joining Eric Martin (532) and Joe Horn (523).
* Graham had a career-high 146 yards receiving on seven catches. His two-touchdown effort was the fourth of his career and his first since Nov. 28, 2011, against the New York Giants.
* Graham has 23 career receiving touchdowns, tied for eighth all-time among Saints receivers with Robert Meachem (2007-11) and Donte’ Stallworth (2002-05).
* Graham’s second-quarter touchdown reception broke a tie with Hoby Brenner to move him into sole possession of second place all-time among Saints tight ends.
* Graham and Atlanta TE Tony Gonzalez each had two TD catches Sunday, the first time since Oct. 4, 2009, that two tight ends have had multiple TD receptions in the same game (Heath Miller, Pittsburgh; Antonio Gates, San Diego).