NEW ORLEANS SAINTS AT TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2012 * RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM
SAINTS POSTGAME NOTES
* New Orleans improves to 2-4 heading into their week eight contest at the Denver Broncos, which will be nationally televised on NBC at 7:20 P.M. CST on Sunday, October 28.
* Brees’ 17-yard touchdown pass to WR
* In the first half, Brees completed 20-of-25 passes for 313 yards with four touchdown passes, one interception and a 141.7 passer rating. It is the tenth-highest passing yardage total in a first half since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. It is the second time Brees has had 300 yards in a first half, as he holds the highest mark since 1970 with 346 yards in the first half of a contest vs. Jacksonville on November 4, 2007. Brees also had 310 yards passing in the second half of a contest on November 9, 2008 at Atlanta.
* Brees has 55 games of 300 yards or more in his seven seasons as a Saint, including five this season.
* Sunday was Brees’ 62nd career 300-yard game, putting him in a tie for third place in the record books with Brett Favre. Brees will face the all-time leader next week in Denver in Peyton Manning (67).
* It was the NFL-record 32nd game with at least 350 yards passing for Brees.
* Brees has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 91 of his 101 starts as a Saint.
* Brees extended his NFL-record streak of games with 20 or more completions to 42.
* It was the 18th game of Brees’ career with at least four touchdown passes, ranking fourth all-time.
* Colston had seven receptions for 73 yards and one touchdown. His first quarter 17-yard touchdown reception was the 53rd touchdown of his career, tying him with RB Dalton Hilliard for second place on the club’s all-time list, behind only RB Deuce McAllister (55).
* Receiving the start in place of an injured TE
* RB Pierre Thomas’ fourth quarter five-yard rushing touchdown was his first of the season and the 24th of his career, putting him past Reuben Mayes and George Rogers for sole possession of fifth place on the club’s all-time list.
* The New Orleans defense stood tall on a critical third quarter goal line stand. After Buccaneers QB Josh Freeman connected with WR Vincent Jackson on a 95-yard pass play before being brought down by S