NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2012 ● MERCEDES-BENZ SUPERDOME
SAINTS POSTGAME NOTES
* The Saints had their three-game winning streak snapped and fell to 5-6 on the season going into Thursday night’s NFC South matchup against the Atlanta Falcons (7:30 p.m., NFL Network).
* The loss was the Saints’ first in the month of November since Nov. 30, 2008. The Saints had won 14 consecutive games in November before Sunday.
* Brees’ first-quarter 6-yard touchdown pass to TE
* Brees has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 96 of his 106 starts as a Saint. Brees has 96 multiple-TD games in his NFL career, the third-most among active NFL quarterbacks and ranked sixth all-time.
* Brees now leads the NFL with 31 touchdown passes this season. It also marks the fifth consecutive season and fifth season overall he has thrown for at least 30 touchdowns. He now joins Brett Favre (9) and Peyton Manning (6) as only the third quarterback to top the 30-TD pass mark in five or more seasons. He also joins Favre (1994-98) as the only quarterbacks to do so in five consecutive seasons.
* Each of Colston’s 56 career TD receptions has come from Brees. The Brees-Colston combination moved into a tie for eighth with San Diego’s John Hadl and Lance Alworth for touchdowns by a quarterback-receiver combination. The duo entered Sunday tied with the prolific combinations of Joe Montana to Jerry Rice and Dan Marino to Mark Duper.
* David Thomas came into Sunday’s game with four receptions on the season. He matched that against the 49ers with four receptions for 24 yards, including the touchdown grab, which was his second of the season.